- Are you a reputable company with a properly constituted client account.
my-let has a properly constituted and bonded client account.
- Is my rent money protected in a bonded client account?
my-let central is a member of ARLA and The Property Ombudsman service. This means
that all client money is protected and they make sure that we adhere to their rules.
- Do you have membership of a professional body that governs how you operate and has
an independent dispute resolution service e.g. ARLA or RICS? (Association
of Residential Letting Agents or Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors)
my-let is a member of ARLA and The Property Ombudsman service. This means that all
client money is protected and they make sure that we adhere to their rules.
my-let Leicester is not yet a member
- Are all your field agents qualified to manage my property? – have they taken an
All my-let property managers are required to pass the NFOPP (ARLA) Technical Award.
This is an exam used by ARLA to check competency for membership.
- How long will you take to get my rent to me? ...a week? ...a month?
my-let operates a fully automated system that will get your rent to you in 3 days
and if you want to, can tell you by text or email that it has arrived with us and
when it will arrive with you.
- How long does it take to tell me if my rent is late?
my-let's advanced system knows that the rent is late by midnight of the day it should
have arrived. We could let you know then, but we don't think you'd appreciate getting
a text message at this time so we let you know in the morning, but only if you want
to of course.
We also offer you a set of preferences that determine how you get your messages
from us and what you want to be told about.
- Do you use a To-Let board that allows people to text in for instant details?
my-let has the LiveText™ To-Let board giving potential tenants instant feedback
about your property any time of day or night, 24/7.
- Of course you use all the main property web sites, but once you have the details
how long does it take to get my property listed on them?
my-let automatically uploads your property details immediately after they have been
approved and updates all of the web sites with any further changes you request within
The LiveText™ To-Let board is also ordered immediately at the time you ask us to
market your property.
- Do you have a high street shop to pay for? Is that why my charges are so high?
my-let operates out of an office, not a retail shop.
This is just one of the ways we save you money.
Did you know that over 80% of people find their letting on the internet?
The rest make contact after seeing a board.
- Can I get information about my property online?
Yes. my-let Landlords and Tenants can log in, get statements, leave messages, view
documents and a lot more.
With the online access, you can get at this information any time day or night, from
any connected location in the world. Even while on your holidays.
No more waiting for the office to open and your agent to make time for you.
- How long does it take you to contact the tenants if the rent is overdue?
my-let tenants will have a reminder text and an email at 9 a.m. on the day their
rent is overdue.
- Do you offer a fixed-fee collection service that also handles tenant messages
mylet offers CollectionPLUS™ for just £8.50/month with access to our dedicated Tenant
Messaging line: All calls are recorded and sent to you by email and always accessible
later at the web site.
If you go away, we also offer ad-hoc management for just £50.
- Does your ‘fixed’ management fee go up or switch to a percentage method if the rent
reaches a certain level?
mylet's fixed fee means just that - fixed. Whether your rent is £300 or £3000 the
fee is the same. It is £30 per month and only charged when the property is let.
- Do you offer a service that will photograph my property and give me visibility on
all the internet web sites including Rightmove, FindaProperty etc. and include a
'LiveText' To-Let board for just £99.
my-let does this and will also even set up viewings for you.
- Do you offer a Full Package Tenant Find and Check-in service that doesn't depend
on taking management services as well? And how much does it cost?
my-let offers this service for just £199 and with our fully reference check approved
- Are you offering amazing deals on pricing and services just to entice me in?
No. The my-let pricing structure is built around us being efficient. Our prices
are not special offers.
- Do you have T's and C's that you won't show me till I get to meet with you? Oh and
what happens if I want to leave you? Do I have to pay again for a tenant I've already
paid you to find?
No. Our T's and C's are there on the RHS of this page for you to download. If you
wanted to leave us.. heaven knows why you would.. you just give us 90 days notice
and that's it. We would only charge you a small fee if you wanted us to check out
a tenant without installing a new one.